Sat, Nov 20|
Topanga Canyon, LA
LA Topanga Canyon Movement Retreat Nov 20 & 21 10am-2pm PST
In this workshop you will awaken a deeper connection to your heart and humanity. This technique is not only transformative in your art as an actor, but every aspect of your life.
Time & Location
Nov 20, 2021, 10:00 AM PST – Nov 21, 2021, 2:00 PM PST
Topanga Canyon, LA
About the event
Lead by Jules Helm, Hosted by Robyn Cohen, Special Thanks to Sahaja Douglass
Jules has been steeped in the Meisner Technique for over 20 years. Teacher of the Williamson Movement Technique for Actors and the Alexander Technique, he also brings Laban Movement Analysis basics to this practice. In this workshop you will awaken a deeper connection to your heart and humanity. This technique is not only transformative in your art as an actor, but every aspect of your life. You will strengthen your ability to guide your awareness in the right direction: the here and now. Therefore, becoming completely absorbed in the moment, your partner and the imaginary circumstances of the play or screenplay.
Schedule: Saturday 11/20 from 10am-2pm and Sunday 11/21 10am-2pm Price: $150
It is best to do both days as this is a progressive Workshop.
If however, you can only make 1 day, Saturday is an option for $85
~ total physical and vocal freedom
~ all apologies, judgements and controls vanish
~ letting go of everything you don’t need, so what remains is your complete vulnerability, open heart and profound connection to the world around you
~ becoming an open channel, with no blocks: nothing pushed out - nothing held in, simple pure flow to receive, experience and radiate
~ permission to drink in the the world around you, experience every moment to its fullest, with limitless access to allow your honest behavior to pour right back out without thought or inhibition
~ being so far out of your head, that time vanishes as you are immersed in the zone of the actor’s body
~ having tools to experience not only your acting but the miracle of life more fully, moment by unanticipated moment
That is what’s possible through the practice of the Williamson Technique and the combination of these tools.
We look forward to your participation in this safe/restorative weekend, with like-hearted artists. Please feel free to share workshop details with anyone you believe would benefit.
What you will need, ought to know and agreements:
1. Please bring your willingness to play, explore and participate.
2. Please bring a sense of commitment, accountability and respect toward the practice, the space, the other participants and yourself.
3. Know this is called Movement, not movement feel good or movement feel bad. This is important to know since feelings often arise and can sometimes be quite intense. Part of the process is to allow experience that has gotten stuck in the body to be released, so new freedom and deeper connections can occur. The way we go about this is by always honoring your safe and gentle process to go at your own pace. This kind of discovery requires a certain degree of courage, compassion and acceptance.
4. Have your Vaccination Card and Face Covering
5. Have a Journal
6 Movement Attire: (Clothes create character and this class is about removing our masks, defenses and public persona’s) Please wear plain or neutral yoga, dance or gym clothing. (Definition of Plain/Neutral: NOTHING Revealing, Baggy, Colorful or with Logos, No Shorts or half shirts.)
7. Have a 1 minute Monologue or Piece of Poetry well memorized and a portion of a scene you are working on.
8. Bring a Book about 2 inches thick to support your head
9. You may need a yoga mat or ground throw if your are laying in the lawn
If you have any questions about anything above, feel free to speak to me directly.
DAY ONE: Introduction to the Foundational Tools used to develop the effortless, tension-free balanced body, embodied sound, total connection w/o blocks or apologies.
DAY TWO: PART 1: Deepening the impact of Foundational Tools through Heightened Sensuality. PART 2: Scene Study
- Ticket type
Los Angeles Movement Retreat
LA Topanga Canyon Movement Retreat Nov 20-21 of 2021 (In-Person)Price$150.00
+$3.75 service fee+$3.75 service fee